Where do we service?
We service all areas of The Woodlands (zip codes 77380, 77381, 77382) and areas right outside of The Woodlands that include all or parts of 77384, 77385, 77386, 77387, 77388, 77389. This would include Shenandoah, Oak Ridge North, Imperial Oaks, and areas of Conroe and Spring addresses that are adjacent to The Woodlands. If you are not sure, give us a call at 1-936-900-4007 and we will see if you are within our service radius.
At present, we can only provide services to households with nonsmokers.
Initial ConsultationTo set up service with A Leash Above, an initial consultation must be scheduled. This is when we come to your home to meet you and your pets, learn about your pet's behavior and routine, go over paperwork, tour your home, and obtain keys (2 copies required). Consultations are free and typically last 30-60 minutes. There are some forms that are required to be filled out before the consultation. We will email these to you. We will fill out the pet profile(s) out during the consultation.
Prepare for our visit before the initial consultation
- Plan in advance! Call or email as early as possible to make a reservation to ensure we can get you and your pets in our schedule.
- Fill out all pet-sitting paperwork completely and with as much detail as possible. Everything we need to know about your pet and home is covered in our paperwork.
- Alert close neighbors and/or friends that we will be visiting your home while you are away (out of town or during the work day).
- Alert your home security agency that we will be visiting your home while you are away.
- Make sure you have plenty of food, treats, medication, litter, etc. on hand for as long as you will be away, plus extra in case your trip is extended.
- Have cleaning supplies (paper towel, carpet spot cleaner, trash bags, etc.) readily available. Have a towel by the door for wiping off paws. Have a broom & dustpan and/or hand vacuum nearby for cleaning around litter boxes.
- Empty your trash and clean out refrigerator/counter of perishable items before you leave if you will be away for an extended period of time.
- If you arrive home early, or will be delayed in your return, please call us ASAP so we can adjust our schedule accordingly. Same applies for early or late departures.
- Alert us to any visitors to your house we may run into during our daily visits (i.e. cleaning service, repair service, out of town guests, lawn care professionals, etc.).
- When arriving home as scheduled from a trip, please call, email, or text to let us know that you are home and that our service is completed, no matter what time of day it is.